Sunday, September 11, 2011

Is the Buick Lacrosse good for driving in snowy and icy conditions?

Is the Buick Lacrosse good for driving in snowy and icy conditions?|||It is all in having proper winter tires, and learning how to drive. AWD and 4WD are nice, but, seriously, they give a false sense of security, which is why they are the first ones spotted in the ditch every winter.


Whatever you drive, get a set of winter tires, and take a winter driving course. The Lacrosse, driven properly, with proper tires, will be a fine winter car.


Take it from me, I have lived in winter cities all my live, 44 years of driving experience, both RWD and FWD cars, proper training, and the right tires for conditions, and I have never had a problem.


Note, fresh, virgin ice, such as occurs with freezing rain, and anything short of a slow-moving tank is dangerous.|||If you put snow tires on it, the handling will be improved, but that will not release you from being cautious.|||All vehicles are dangerous for driving on snowy and icy conditions. The best ones are 4 wheel drive or AWD.





Fred, I happen to love my AWD. For years I had a Buick and was stuck in my own drive way at least once a year. The false sense of security has literally walked me up and out of my unplowed driveway! If a person does not drive in an inproper fashion; they will not end up in a ditch!





I have driven on country roads that weren't even touched by a plow yet!!!!!!!!!!|||If it's got the LS4 under the hood it will probably kill you. (older ones)





Otherwise if it's the I4 it should be okay (ecotec).





Just remember the steering is wooden like most gm "sedans" and it's a wide load weight wise. Yeah GM...like a 180hp 4 cylinder built for cobalts is going to be able to power a 4k pound granny mobile...





Oh and...they removed the LS4 in the most recent redesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment