Sunday, September 11, 2011

How to change the thermostat on a 2003 Buick Lesabre Custom?

My dad is trying to change the thermostat on the my buick lesabre custom. He has put it on multiple times but it is still leaking. What can be do differently?|||Well, I put them on all the time and don't have problems with them. Make sure that you clean the housing off really well with a scraper, and be careful not to gouge the housing. Then put the gasket on and torque to specs.|||may not be seated in the housing properly and make sure the housing and engine side are completely clean, then the obvious, do you have the correct part|||my oldsmobile takes a 0-ring and 1 bolt that holds the thermostat housing. did he changed the 0-ring.|||I always use a gasket and sealer on both sides of the gasket and sealer around each bolt hole.


Start with both sides clean AND DRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment