Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I fix the electric windows on a 1996 Buick Century?

I use the Buick to go to work so I can save mileage on my good cars, however it I like to roll down


the windows, I wanted to get my windows fixed and they wanted 400.00 dollars each and I thought


that was too much, so I will try to do it my self, so please let me know because I am not a mechanic


but willing to try. Thanks Ed|||they are very easy to repair usually.most cars that have 1 bad switch will not work from either side,so you have a master switch and a secondary switch on the "window door"the master is on your driver door.if you dont have 12 v at the drivers door,then you need a schematic,and then look for a relay(if they all dont work)if you have 12v there, take a new switch and substitute it in the master.if it doesnt work,then install in the slave or secondary switch|||better go to mechanic|||400$ dollar is too much to fix any cosmetic parts like windows.. i would fix it on my own.. do you have tools to fix it /

No comments:

Post a Comment