Friday, September 23, 2011

What is causing this 1998 Buick Regal to stall out?

This Buick recently had the engine rebuilt (about a year ago). Of course, the check engine light remains on constantly. Is this normal?





Also, I have noticed that the car sometimes stalls out while driving. Perhaps there could be a large number of possibilities, but what is likely to be causing the car to stall out? It has an automatic transmission, of course. I think it has the 3.8 V6 engine.|||Who rebuilt the engine it should still be under some kind of warranty I know mine is I had it rebuilt in November.



No it is not normal for the check engine light to be on and a number of things could be causing it to stall while driving. If you have to wait a while before it will start again it could be an ignition coil, you could have MAF sensor trouble, bad electrical connection somewhere, bad crank or cam position sensor, and some other potential trouble.



Go to a local parts store and have the codes checked to see what codes the computer is throwing to cause the check engine light to be on, and this may help narrow your search for the problem of the stalling.



To Wilvin that is the speed limiter that is doing that on your car, or the rev limiter and it is normal for them to do that when you drive that fast no mechanical problem there it is the darn electronics limiting you.



By the way i would look for a truck with less miles on it than that 356k ford.|||I have a 1999 Buick Regal. Same V6 engine (not sure about the amount of liters, but it is probably 3.8 too). It stalls when I'm accelerating too. It also stalls every time I hit 110 mph and drops back to 105 mph. (yeah, I drive that fast). At first, we thought it was transmission issues. Changed the transmission fluid, but the problem is still there. Don't know exactly what to do. I know if helps if I drive less aggressively.

No comments:

Post a Comment