Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Can I manually override the automatic headlight sensor on a 2001 Buick Regal?

I am temporarily using my mother's 01 Buick Regal and the headlights automatically turn on at dusk. But the other day I was driving through a snowstorm and it wasn't dark enough outside for the lights to come on, however I wanted them on for safety. I pressed every button on the dashboard, but still I couldn't turn on the headlights. There are running lights that are on constantly, but I would prefer the headllights.|||You pull the headlamp switch outwards. Like on most cars. One notch for parking lamps and 2 for headlights.|||Absolutly, there should still be a headlight control that is normally in the "auto" position, but can be changed to parking light only or headlights on position. My 2001 Pontiac Grand Am (similar car) has the headlight control integrated with the turn signal lever.|||Turn the Lighting dial all the way to the Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment