Friday, September 23, 2011

What does an air conditioner clutch look like in a Buick?

I need an air conditioner clutch for a 1992 Buick La Sabre. What does it look like and how much is the part? I was told it is an expensive repair. I hear a rattle sound and my air conditioner doesn't cool. I had freon put it in but it leaked out.|||A clutch will not leak out your freon, it basically turns your compressor on and off. The compressor is cylinder shaped, has two a/c lines running from it and is on the drive belt. The clutch is actually on the end of the compressor, the side holding the belt. Look under the hood for a belt diagram, it may point out which is the compressor (a/c). It may need a new compressor all together and may be cheaper to replace it as whole and not just the clutch. You must find where the freon is looking from first, or your just throwing away money, a shop can do a leak test with dye and a black light to find the leak. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment