Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How long does a buick last compaired to a volvo?

I am looking into buying a car a volvo 1998 S70 or a Buick 1996 regal which one will last longer and give me more car for my money?|||My family has extensive experience with Volvos. My mother has a 16-year-old 240 that's still going strong with no signs of stopping, and I have a 13-year-old 940. I've had some problems with the 940, but I bought it used, so I have a feeling that it's more to do with the previous owner than the car itself.





Volvos do require a little more maintenance than some other cars, but they will live forever. Aside from that, they're veritable tanks. As a new driver, I've visited quite a bit of abuse on my car, and it's lived through all of it - even a collision (more of a love tap really...) with my garage door frame that would have cleaved the fender off of some other cars.





I personally would reccomend the Volvo, because of the strength of the body, the longevity of the car, and the excellent safety record. Just make sure you find a mechanic that you trust - preferably one that specializes in Volvos or other Swedish cars - and keep up with regular maintenance.|||Buicks have a vey long life and a high reliability rating. Volvo does also. GM vehicles do have a tendency to leak oil, and so I would go with the Volvo.|||Modern cars have a long life span comared to vehicles built 15 or 20 years ago. The key is keeping up on the maintenance. Perform oil changes and manufacturer-specified maintenance at the defined intervals, and the car will last a long time. If you invest the time and money to replace parts as they wear, a car will last indefinitely. As far as initial quality is concerned, Volovo has earned higher marks than GM as of late. However, the Buick will be easier to find parts for if it does break down. I would call it a toss-up. Personally, I would go with the S70 because it has a little more personality than the Regal. That's just my opinion, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment