Thursday, September 15, 2011

Need cylinder heads and gaskets replaced on 2001 Buick Centry. Anyone know where I can find a cheap motor?

I am being told it will cost $3,000.00 to replace the cylinder heads and gaskets on my 2001 Buick Centry. They are not willing to work with me for montly payments and I don't have the cash. I don't know what to do. I'm a single Mom and this is my sole transportation. Any suggestions?|||First of all, contact NHTSA. There just MIGHT be a recall on this engine, or heads, or gaskets. Also, read the "GM Litigation" web-site. You will find out that many GM V-6 engines have poorly designed INTAKE MANIFOLDS, and that THIS is the ACTUAL problem, not the heads or head gaskets. This is also cheaper to fix. I DO NOT believe that you need new heads on this car. Unless the engine was severely over-heated. GET another OPINION before you get into more trouble!! Arm yourself with as much information as you can get. If GM fixed all their troubled engines, they would be even further into bankruptcy!!!! Using NHTSA as a guide, you just might make GM fix your problem FOR FREE!!!!!! Good Luck!!!|||Salvage yards have used motors. They often gaurantee that they run and don't leak oil, but not much else. Some yards will exchange a bad motor up to 90 days after you buy it. You're stuck with the cost of installation. Shop around for a better deal. Perhaps Firestone, Kmart or Sears will work out credit, but being a single parent without any money doesn't work in your favor for this. You might do better in a 15 year old Toyota, but every car is going to cost something to maintain and there's still the problem of wanting to buy something without cash. I don't think you Century will be road worthy for less than $2000.|||Call around to some different shops. Chances are you can find one to do it for about $1000-$1500

No comments:

Post a Comment