Thursday, September 15, 2011

How would I find the right alternator for my 86 Buick Century. I understand that there are two different kinds

I'm in a position that requires me to replace my alternator in my 1986 Buick Century. As I found out, there are two different alternators for an 86 buick century, and I need to know which one I'd need to get. Is there a way to find out using your VIN?|||go to an auto parts store with your car, or with the removed alternator. they can compare them to make sure they are same. they will also want to keep your old alternator to rebuild it.





many years ago i had to replace my alternator. the guy at the auto parts store was a friend of mine. he put the alternator on a machine, tested it, disassembled it and replaced a diode, all in about 10 minutes for less than 5 bucks. this was for an 88 buick.|||go to an auto parts store. they will tell you the exact one to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment