Sunday, September 11, 2011

How do I fix my 1998 buick fuel gage. It keeps changing from empty to full. What can be the problem?

I got a 1998 buick park avenue and I love it. I keep the fuel tank full but the fuel gage keeps changing from empty to full all the time. How can I fix that problem?|||The fuel level sending unit in the gas tank is definitely a possibility as some of them do wear out over time and cause strange behavior. Another possibility is a wire from the gas tank sending unit is shorting out intermittently on some metal piece of the car (personal experience). Trace %26amp; follow the wiring and look for any cut or wear-thru in the wiring wherever it comes in contact with, or close to, any metal edges (mine was pinched between the gas tank bracket and the body of the car.)





Best of luck.|||Replace the fuel sending unit, this is a common problem with these cars. You might want to think about replacing the fuel pump while the tank is down, then you won't have to take the tank down again for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment